Gallery: Your desktop

I'm about to go back to XP from Vista too, I get more lag in BF2, even after turning settings down. It's OK though, considering that I just took the upgrade disc from my dad's computer and stuck it in mine lol.

I'm about to go back to XP from Vista too, I get more lag in BF2, even after turning settings down. It's OK though, considering that I just took the upgrade disc from my dad's computer and stuck it in mine lol.

Yeah, games are still a bit unsatisfactory, but whatever. I don't game enough to justify switching back to XP. Vista has been far smoother and more stable than XP has.

Yeah, games are still a bit unsatisfactory, but whatever. I don't game enough to justify switching back to XP. Vista has been far smoother and more stable than XP has.

I'll never understand how it works out that well for you. Every Vista machine I've ever seen has been unbearably slow, not unstable, but slow.

I'll never understand how it works out that well for you. Every Vista machine I've ever seen has been unbearably slow, not unstable, but slow.

I've had no problems with vista yet. I don't notice any performance difference and I think readyboost is pretty cool. I use my flashdrive for it and it actually makes a little bit of a difference. I will admit XP was faster and at first vista was sort of slow on my PC until I defragged and did a registry clean up, now I don't really see any difference.

With what specs? I'm using my 3200+, 1GB RAM and X1900 XT rig and it runs fine. The memory is a bit low as I use around 50% of it most of the time, but it's not a big problem or anything.

All things considered, Vista was produced under the assumption it would be ran under the modern state of the art technology. i.e. Core 2 Duo.

IMO it was not produced to be effective on sub optimal machines. They know it is a memory hog, but thats why its more so for everything new.

All is IMHO though..

I dodn't notice a huge preformance difference between xp and vista except boot time and memory consumption.

yea when i used vista it ran perfectly fine on my laptop, was stable. i just got bored and didnt think it was anything special. anyway heres another desktop

680tcat.jpg

Vista works excellent for me, I use it all the time. No lag, it's never slow for me. Log on is like under 5 seconds. It all depends on your hardware.

Back
Top Bottom