multiple svchost.exe???

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
hello,
have recently noticed that i have 8 'svchost.exe' (4 are SYSTEM, 2 are NETWORK SERVICE and 2 are LOCAL SERVICE) running when i start up my PC, also have 3 'rundll32.exe' running too.
a few weeks ago i did have an issue with the 'vundo' pain in the butt vrus/malware and am concerned if it is still on the system. at least the pop ups stopped but things do slow down every now and then.
i run adaware, spybot, norton2007, registry-booster and spywareblaster about once a week to keep things clean and it generally stays that way. this is actually the first time ever i've had any problems.
i don't have any weirdo firewalls or crazy anti-virus stuff, only what i mentioned above.

any ideas??
do u need a hijack-this log?

svchost.exe.......

yeaaah I've got them all over the place

right now I'm running Vista and I have 12. I don't know what the problem is. Doesn't bother me, my PC is running fine.

svchost.exe.......

yeaaah I've got them all over the place

right now I'm running Vista and I have 12. I don't know what the problem is. Doesn't bother me, my PC is running fine.

there really isn't any problem. It's just to keep the OS stable or something like that.

i'm still running slow at certain times and thing it has something to do with the multiple svchosts. will keep looking and thanks for the assurances!

svchost is just a part of Windows. It's the process name for all the services that run from .DLL files.

I read somewhere that SVCHOST.exe and svchost.exe are different. SVCHOST.exe is a trojan or something, and svchost.exe is harmless as it's just the .DLL thing that windows uses. I've got a few on my PC as well and never noticed anything harmful from them.

1 of my SVCHOST in processes takes like over 40,000 kb of my RAM and sometimes stops my internet explorer from opening

on my family comp i usually just end process of the 1 taking all my RAM and it works

ok, will check out that task manager, thanks.

one other thing though...

thanks for the effort. i just did a spybot search and destroy and have noticed the following entries...(see attached pic)
most are cookies which are no real threat (i think) but the few registry changes are worrying.
not only that but i've been getting the same results for 2 weeks now each time i do a spybot search and destroy.

does this help at all? i'm still convinced i have a problem. just noticed today that 3 rundll.exe are running (see 4th pic).

spybot01.jpg

spybot02.jpg

spybot03.jpg

taskmanager01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom