USB Problem

Jat

Baseband Member
Hi there,

I have had my advent laptop since march of last year and have had no problems at all. It has 4 x 2.0 USB connections on the side, now all of a sudden they have decided not to work. I have an external HD and USB mouse that are almost always connected. When I tried to connect them today my laptop jams up, which I find very weird. Whenever I try to insert a drive of some kind it jams, whereas when I try to connect my optical mouse its okay, it just dosnt work (even though the red optical laser lights up). I tried reinstalling drivers on both but this dosnt do anything. Any ideas?

All help appreciated.

EDIT - I have tried both of these on my other computer and they work fine. Also, it is now telling me that my USB device has malfunctioned.

umm if your on windows xp try this

click start menu

right click my computer and click properties

click hardware tab

click device manager

see if there are n e usb devices with a yello ! over them

if they are right click and unistall them reboot computer and wait for them to re install them self

umm if your on windows xp try this

click start menu

right click my computer and click properties

click hardware tab

click device manager

see if there are n e usb devices with a yello ! over them

if they are right click and unistall them reboot computer and wait for them to re install them self

None of them had the yellow exclamation mark but I uninstalle dthem anyway, and after a reboot all is fine. Thanks a lot :).

Hi all,

Im having this problem again. Ive tried uninstalling all the USB's and restarting the computer, tried reinstalling the mouse. Same things happening, says the mouse has malfunctioned and when I try and plug my external HD in it just freezes. Argh, all hlep appreciated.

BUMP: Have searched the net far and wide and to no avail :(, still without a mouse (Laptop touchpads ew!)

Sometimes Viruses disable things just to annoy you, once I had a virus that would set my screensaver to 587 minutes (I had to keep setting it back to 10 which was annoying)

What anti-virus program do you have if any?

Back
Top Bottom