extream cooling for science project

I believe the record is 8.17 GHz, HERE is the link, but I'm not positive it's current. All of the extreme overclocked rigs use LN, at least the ones I've seen. If you want to get above 4, use LN, dry ice wont last very long. When you pull it off, post your specs, I would like to see how you do. I'm not sure if you can just put LN in a water cooling system, the tubes would probably freeze, crack and leak.

Just a side note, this will probably damage you computer, don't plan on using it ever again.

Edit: LN cooling tubes http://www.maximumoc.com/ln2.html

im going for the record of a quad core (10 ghz if possible stable) imagine gaming with those speeds!!!!
me and my friends r ganna do it
were ganna go for a insilated copper tube
hope to get 10 ghz =) can only hope
what graphics card should affect over clocking right?
just got to get a really good power supply and some nice ram

you would probably have to add the ln at the right time or the core will be too cold to even start up.

the cpu will start up just fine
has no moving parts
electrisity cant flow threw appsilute zero
liquid nitrogen
is a couple deggres hotter

Reminds me of when we got to mess around with LN in chemistry. You could put it on the backside of your hands and it would slide right off. It evaporates so fast that it creates its own pillow underneath itself letting it slide all over everything.

I'd use dry ice. Liquid Nitrogen, if handled improperly, can be very dangerous. If you spill a bit on your arm, you will probably lose it.

all i can say is i hope the school is gonna pay for it coz i reckon its not gonna be cheap

Yeah go with dry ice. It's easier, and it's going to be safer too. The performance isn't going to be as good as with LN, but it's still going to be great.

That tomshardware thing should give you quite much info. One thing though, if you are using dry ice then you will want some form of liquid into the tube together with the dry ice. (probably something that transfers heat fast)

Back
Top Bottom