slow!

i'm not sure i've understood,
but i have one, 1024 RAM
is that what you've meant?

well, it'd have been better with two dimms for it to take advantage of DualChannel memory. It's unusual for a PC to be equiped with only 1 Dimm when it's capable of DualChannel.

Perhaps that is also the problem. This means your only getting the memory throughput of 533MHz instead of a possible 800MHz (or if it was run in dual channel 533MHz, 1066MHz). And ontop of that, because it's nowhere near in sync with the FSB, it's more inefficient.

I dunno what to recommend. Just to see if it has an effect, changed the Memory FSB down to 400MHz. I'm not expecting it to do much, but you never know.

What exactly do you mean by its slow? Could you explain that better? What you count as slow could be fine.

Anothing thing, make sure that the HardDisc Drives are definately using some sort of DMA mode and are not defaulting to PIO mode only. Check this by going to the device manager and checking the property sheets of the Hard Disc Drives and the IDE and Sata controllers.

thx for the replays guys!

so you'r telling me i, do, need to buy another?
sorry, i didnt quite get that...

though, i'm not that good with computers, so if you could please instruct me with a play by play...
"changed the Memory FSB down to 400MHz" how?

by slow... i dont know how to tell you, i mean it's slow.

"make sure that the HardDisc Drives are definately using some sort of DMA mode and are not defaulting to PIO mode only. Check this by going to the device manager and checking the property sheets of the Hard Disc Drives and the IDE and Sata controllers" huh?!

again i'm sorry...

To be honest, I think your motherboard has a problem. I'd flash the BIOS, by looking at the BIOS download site of your manufacturer. It seems like the motherboard has a problem with your hardware. I'd suggest an ASUS P5B.

DMA is an abbreviation I forgot. It's basically saying that the higher the number (ex: DMA 4 is slower than DMA 8), the faster it is. That works with an IDE 80 cable, which has more wiring in the same space.

An IDE 40 cable would contain, say 16 wires in the lenght, while IDE 80 would contain 32 wire in the same lenght.

i've lowerd the Memory to 400MHz and the DMA is enabled...
but my computer is slow!!!
what to do???

help!

please!!!

Back
Top Bottom