Bios Password

dynoman

Baseband Member
So I have an old hp computer and I want to access the bios so I can overclock it a little. I set a password in the bios( I dont know why) but now that Im trying to access the bios it asks me for a password. Anyone know a method which can help me retrieve password or maybe reset it?

yeah its my computer. I basically dont have an idea why I set a password in the bios, I was a bigger noob with computers back then than I am now. Basically I havent used that computer in a long time since I got this new one. Im trying to get the other one back up and running for my brother to use.

theres a thing called a CMOS/BIOS battery ion the mobo, its a round battery about 1 inch, there will be 3 jumpers (1 indicate what the jumpers on and 0 where they are not)

110 make it 011 start the comp up test, shut down if not working and make it 110 its should restet BIOS and the password!

At command prompt type debug
you will get a - prompt where you can type the fallowing (<enter> means hit enter, not type enter*)

A <ENTER>
MOV AX,0 <ENTER>
MOV AX,CX <ENTER>
OUT 70,AL <ENTER>
MOV AX,0 <ENTER>
OUT 71,AL <ENTER>
INC CX <ENTER>
CMP CX,100 <ENTER>
JB 103 <ENTER>
INT 20 <ENTER>
<ENTER> just hit enter on this line
G <ENTER>
Q <ENTER>

Basic BIOS password crack - works 9.9 times out of ten

This is a password hack but it clears the BIOS such that the next time you start the PC, the CMOS does not ask for any password. Now if you are able to bring the DOS prompt up, then you will be able to change the BIOS setting to the default. To clear the CMOS do the following:
Get DOS prompt and type:
DEBUG hit enter
-o 70 2e hit enter
-o 71 ff hit enter
-q hit enter
exit hit enter
Restart the computer. It works on most versions of the AWARD BIOS.

Taken from:
All Tricks

-Sam

I set a password in the bios( I dont know why) but now that Im trying to access the bios it asks me for a password. Anyone know a method which can help me retrieve password or maybe reset it?

All you have to do is pull out the CMOS battery a little silver battery about the size of a quarter. Pull it out leave it out for a minute or two replace battery. Reboot PC notice theirs no password prompt to enter the bios.

You dont have to mess with any jumpers or anything like that. Again, just pull out the little battery that is about the size of quarter.

Its just as easy to move the jumper and its right next to the battery anyway:)

Its just as easy to move the jumper and its right next to the battery anyway

That can be our little secret. ;)

Everyone has their personal perference. I listed mine. You listed yours. Interesting indeed. ;)

Cheers, 0x0161

Back
Top Bottom