Dell 966 All-in-one wireless printer not working

Toby1

Daemon Poster
Okay so basically everything else works (fax/scan/copy) apart from the printer. It's driving me crazy. I desabled my firewall and reinstalled the drivers (Dell suggested that these may be the problems) but still to bo avail. I seriously have run out of ideas as to what could be wrong. When you print a test page internally using the printer itself, it works fine. Just not when you try and print from the USB (PC) or wireless (Laptop). According to Windows, file and printer sharing is acttive, allowed, and working.

Any ideas/comments/solutions are always welcome.

Thanks guys. :)

Have you setup the printer on the laptop etc, it still needs drivers etc when networked.

Yeah mate... it goes to print (the monitor comes up with ink and how many pages and the percentage done) and everything on both... just gets to a certain percent and then stops... it's like the papers not catching or something... but if that was the issue then it wouldn't print internally from the printer either... I found another guy with the a similar problem...

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=A940&thread.id=20773

"Whenever I print to the printer, the printer feeds the paper in about half way and then stops. Nothing else happens. I can print information/configuration pages directly from the printer just fine so I know it's not a paper handling issue. I also get the same results no matter how the printer is installed (USB, network, etc). Any help would be greatly appreciated."

Yeah, tried that, had a few close suggestions, but nothing that actually fixed it... Also I forgot to mention earlier. In the monitor thing that comes up to tell you how many pages it has to print and whatever it says something like 600 pages left to print (number changes everytime you go to print) but then just above that it'll say like 1 document, page 1 of 4... it's very strange. Even Dell said it is weird. They'd never come across a situation like this before.

Are there any different drivers you can try? Older ones or newer ones? Have you tried restarting the print spooler service etc.

Well, since I got the laptop and printer only two odd weeks ago you'd think the drivers would be the latest ones. As for restarting the printer service I tried that... also didn't work... I appreciate the replies.

There could still be newer drivers mate. Its also worth checking for older drivers aswell as alot of new drivers are buggy.

Yeah, I'll check it out tomorrow as well as ring Dell and see if they can come up with anything new as to why it's happening. Thanks for the help... I'll let you know how it goes.

If the newer drivers from dell doesn't work, i'd almost think that it is a faulty incomming controler on the printer.

Its extreamly weird that it will print by itself, but try sending info for it to print from a comptuer not working.... if it's not drivers it's gotta be a defunked printer.

Back
Top Bottom