Voltage Scores - Need Help

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

As some of u might of read in my previous post, i am getting a new vid card the X1950XTX. And i acually wanted to get ur opinion on some of my V scores and temps, coz i want to keep my system optimized. I read someweher that by having 2 much voltage that u might overheat the card...dunno how true it is, but here are some of my scores, i gat them from "PC Probe" it camed with my motherboard software. I never messed with any of the scores my self, but on the other hand it wasnt me who build the computer.

Vscore = 1.49v

+3.3 = 3.30v

+5 = 5.00V

+12 = 11.71v

MB = 40C when idle about 45-47 whan playing

CPU = 36 C when idle about 40-41 when playing

Zalman CPU Fan = 2393 rpm

Thanks

those all for you motherboard. The 12V/3.3V/5V are voltages from your powersupply and those voltages are probably wrong to a certain degree. Go to your local radio shack and buy a cheap digital multi meter.

....... and those voltages are probably wrong to a certain degree.......
There is a +/- 5% tolerance with Windows reported voltages and although lower there is also a +/- tolerance with bios reported voltages, as you suggest, the only true way to get accurate readings is a multimeter.

@ OP

To overvolt your video card you would need to up the voltage on the PCI-e bus, at default m/board settings this isn't going to happen, you're worrying about nothing.

:)

actually, you're overvolting the pci-express bus, not the card itself. For the card itself, you will need a new BIOS for higher core/memory voltages.

those all for you motherboard. The 12V/3.3V/5V are voltages from your powersupply and those voltages are probably wrong to a certain degree. Go to your local radio shack and buy a cheap digital multi meter.

do you know of any guides on how to use a cheap digital multi meter?

actually, you're overvolting the pci-express bus, not the card itself. For the card itself, you will need a new BIOS for higher core/memory voltages.
Technically correct I have admit :)

or of course there is the pencil volt mod

Black wires are ground, and on your powersupply, it should label what colors each voltage is. So, on the multimeter, connect the red lead to the wire with voltage, and black with the ground. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR MULTIMETER IS SET CORRECTLY. It should be on the 20V setting. If the setting is lower than the voltage you want to measure, you will break your multimeter.

And yes, there are the pencil/VR mods.

Personally, it looks like you have a great voltage going in. If you OC the card, I'd recommend to up a bit the voltages, but I think you're fine like this.

Voltmeters are a crucial thing for PSU testing. I have a multimeter, and sometimes, I check the board's resistivity, to see that stuff flows in.

and multimeters are cheap too. They are a crucial asset to check certain things.

I don't know what meters they have at radio shak but it is possible to find volt meters specifically for comptuers. I have an adapert that i bought at work that has hookups for every standard PSU connection.

Back
Top Bottom