Chkdsk

ace777

Fully Optimized
Sorry for all these posts but my comp is really acting funny. I have installed 98 3 times and did an ugrade to XP 3x ( got the disk a while back only for upgrades). Anyways When I got the omp it had a virus cleared it all out. Then I think It came back, formatted did all of the above. Now when I do a CHKDSK lots of errors, can't install anything, and It has random problems anyway to fix bad .dll's or the HDD?

-thanks

sounds like a dogey hdd. if you are sure that you dont have any viruses and spyware and stuff then thats gotta be the problem. theres some more advanced programs out there that are better than chkdsk which i would try. ill try and get some links

Try installing with a different hard drive. Errors from chkdsk, more often than not, mean hard drive issues that can't be fixed.

MAN! I just spent my money on upgrades! I was going to buy a new MOBO for the thing,going to have to drop that :rolleyes: ,where can I get a cheap HDD?

MAN! I just spent my money on upgrades! I was going to buy a new MOBO for the thing,going to have to drop that :rolleyes: ,where can I get a cheap HDD?
im not sure where "somewhere" is but here in the uk id try amazon or ebay. as for places like currys they will rip you off unless you find some small computer shop. the disc may only be a bit messed up though. worth trying to fix it. you never know

Back
Top Bottom