Building a new Computer

athleticboy17

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I'm looking to build a good gaming computer. So, I've got around $2500 to spend. Anyone think they can help me out and find all the parts I need for one? It would be greatly appreciated, this is the first time I've tried to make one from ground up, so you think you guys could help me out?

2500?? For the computer or including everything (monitor, speakers, keyboard mouse)

I have that DVD burner and it's great, the SATA is a plus too, it'll leave your one ide channel open for a couple ide storage hard drives if you have them like I do.

To be honest, I would have went with AMD over Intel.

hell no man wait for the price cuts ( you wont have to wait long) and get an intel quad core, you wont regret it. $2500 is hell of a lot of money you can get high end if you choose wisely.

I would go with the DFI 680i board. You're going to have a to wait a little bit to get it as newegg is out of stock as of now. But it uses the LT chipset which is basically a new revision of the 680i chipset. And get an E6600 over the E6700. The price difference doesn't justify the price difference. And get some better ram too. Something along the lines of this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231065 a lot better than the RAM above. It will consistently do 1000mhz 4-4-4.

isn't the LT a lower-end chipset? every board i've looked at with it is cheaper than the normal. I don't know if its just the differnt chip or what.

Back
Top Bottom