Radeon 2XXX Series Info

i think the 8800 is a better buy
close in benchmarks
cheeper
and its bin out longer so games r being developed already around it
now if only nvidia could but out a good pair
of drivers

after the initial price gouging...prices should drop. Btw, all HD 2900XT come with a voucher for HL2:EP2, Portal, and TF2.

Even when I got my 9600SE it had the HL-2 voucher, that it supported it I was so happy lol.

Have you seen how much juice these beasts pull out of a PSU. about 100Watts more than a 8800GTX. Sorry, that along with the non-Wow! factor benchmarks put's me of it.

I'd stick to something a bit more cooler, Nvidia at the mo.

Anyway, my Radeon 1950Pro still plays all my games perfectly well at 1048x768 so I've no need to even think about it.

All the new video cards will start to use more and more power. That's what happens when you start to use GPUs with hundreds of millions of transistors and other power sucking components.

I Disagree. AMD/ATI have started using twice as much unified pixel shaders/render processors as the Nvidia equivilent, the difference being that there clocked at half the speed to give roughly the same performance - 740 odd MHz to 1.3GHz. This to me is lack of investing in better and smaller manufacturing and fabrication techniques compared to Nvidia so they simply can't produce anything that can run at higher clock speeds - so instead, they take the easy route and just bolt on twice as many and drain the juice out like there's no tommorow. They had a team of 200 odd research personel, and it's nothing more than a souped up graphics engine of the two year old Xbox 360.

An example of new don't mean hotter: Core 2 duo runs cooler than the P4 with more transistors. Athlon Barton over Throughbread. plenty out there. The result due to good R&D. AMD/ATI to me, just didn't cut it this time, and took the easy approach and just scaled it up. What are they going to do when Nvidia do the same and release dual core GPU's and the such likes? release something that runs on an extra 250Watts and sounds like a 747?

think ill wait till that comes out then, is it june or july when its coming out?

edit:i should really start reading all the posts before i start asking questions, july it is

Back
Top Bottom