wmp problems

dude_se

Proper Legend
i got 2 albums here and they both worked fine with wmp (11). about a day after i got them they stopped playing in wmp. one of the albums plays perfectly on vlc but the other one refuses to play at all. its still showing each mp3 as about 4mb so i dont see why it shouldnt play if it did before. i dont think i have any viruses and crap as i usually check. any ideas?
the rest of my mp3s play fine btw

edit: this was an insult to furby but now his post has gone so has my comment

np, Its really getting annoying! It may be furby coming back for revenge or something.Maybe your CD drive is screwed up try installing new drivers.

np, Its really getting annoying! It may be furby coming back for revenge or something.Maybe your CD drive is screwed up try installing new drivers.
lol im 99.9% sure its furby.
anyway its not cd's. lets just say i brought the mp3's from a shop called "torrents". i dont think they are bad copys as they were working fine and have now stopped. well the 1 album anyway

Ahh thought you were coping from a CD or something. So you got these from a site?Maybe They are corrupt or something, what error messages are you getting? And what site are you using.

lol i got them off the torrents (cant remember which site i used). i just dont see how they both worked and now only 1 works in vlc. i dont get any errors. i just click on it and ... heres a pic:

6afi053.jpg

no error screens popup? It would only do that if its not a supported file type, a 1 second song, or WMP is messed up. Try updating the codecs for WMP first. Then try redownloading the songs it may just be corrupt or has a certain virus on it.

sometimes if i open it full screen the mouse will go a bit slow as if i dont have enough ram or something. it did this before i formatted recently aswell. maybe its generally buggered. ill try updating it and having a fiddle. that still doesnt explain why my one album randomly stopped working and doesnt even play in vlc (vlc plays pretty much everything)

edit: ok when i go into full screen on the right if i click on the song i tried to play it does give me an error message. just the standard "we cannot play this file, might be the wrong file type, try updating the codec...". it appears my wmp11 is up to date and what codecs would i need to download. the files are just standard mp3s. nothing special :S

I know thats really wierd, Its probably corrupt or virus infested , redownload the song and check for any new virusus. If It happens again then I would really just reinstall the WMP or something.

You may want to fix post 2 now that it is gone.:D

Back
Top Bottom