Would this make a good monitor?...

Ouch.. 230 british pounds for a 19 inch wide screen?..
I'm fairly certain that you could do much better with that amount of money.

The VA panel is better quality than lots of value monitors that size which use TN panels, so it'll cost more. It is fairly expensive, but computer parts do seem to be a bit more expensive over in the UK.

Ouch.. 230 british pounds for a 19 inch wide screen?..
I'm fairly certain that you could do much better with that amount of money.

Yeah your right, it is a little much. Please check this out.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-050-SA

for £40 more, a 22" with 2ms response time.

I was thinking of getting it myself, but I'll have to wait a while...

But of course your're most likely interested in the tv feature, so there you are :)

Hmm, thanks for your comments. I'm starting to think that £230 is pretty high. Perhaps I should just spend about £150. Any suggestions on any really good 19 widescreen or 22 I should try?

Plus, what's 'VA' monitor mean?

Thanks!!!

@ Shantei
I bet that 22" monitor uses a TN panel, therefore isn't as good quality. You get what you pay for.

It is a pretty good monitor though. If you want a 22", that would be a nice choice.

When I say TN or IPS or VA, that's the kind of panel (screen) the monitor uses. There are more, but

TN is the cheapest. It's the worst quality of the three, but it's used in a lot of value monitors. It usually has the fastest response times of them, so lots of gaming monitors use them. Not great viewing angles usually either, and the specifications of the viewing angles are exaggerated.
The other two are better quality, but more expensive. IPS is the best, with VA in the middle.

hey what do you mean by good monitor are you a hardcore gamer or a general computer user ??

r u just some1 that wants a monitor to display text that you wont have to squint at to c it ??? unless you do alot of gamin i can personally say go for the cheapest and biggest you can buy lol

i do play very few games and even when i do its only pathetic stuff like zoo tycoon and sims lol so if your like me take my advice you will not notice the difference

but if you do alot of gaming then please ignore this as i cnt really comment as i have little or no experience

Back
Top Bottom