Radeon 2XXX Series Info

Thats cool, i didn't think a 6-pin would work in the 8-pin untill i looked closer. Could that thing run off of one 8-pin?

Basically the X2900 XT offers 8800 GTX performance for the price of the GTS. :) You can even get 1000/1000 on it, but that's with rather extreme cooling, but that's still a very notable accomplishment considering both ATI and AMD were the first companies to crack the 1Ghz mark in their respective markets. :)

Basically the X2900 XT offers 8800 GTX performance for the price of the GTS. :) You can even get 1000/1000 on it, but that's with rather extreme cooling, but that's still a very notable accomplishment considering both ATI and AMD were the first companies to crack the 1Ghz mark in their respective markets. :)

No it doesnt its in the GTS range some benches 2900XT wins some the GTS wins, still the 8800GTX beats it, its not even compared to the ultra. Its 430 at newegg when the GTS 640 is at the lowest 340. To much time it should have beaten the GTS by a big margin tho, but the 512 bit bus is nice.

I was speaking figuratively, not literally.

Whatever, I like ATI's architectural choices much more than NVIDIA's. The 512-bit memory bus and Unified Shader Architecture were both pioneered by ATI and first used by ATI.

So this looks like a impressive card for a good price, has anyone planned to get one?

Not me. I just got my X1900 XT not that long ago and it's a perfectly fine card.

Back
Top Bottom