Accelerating Video card

Why are you bieng so rude? He made a little error.I think the 4Ti would be closely challenged to the 5200 FX , and if it beat it it would be only a slight lead.Anyways Is the MX 4000 an SLI ready card ( I not sure and I highly doubt it) Also what is a cheap AGP card thats like 100$ and will be good or better than a Nvidia 6100, I have a 350 PSU so try and make it that support if not i'll upgrade again!

I have a socket 478 processor, So the PPU is not a good idea now? I was going to update mobos to one with a AGP card and then Hook that linked accelerator card to the comp.And to alien I realize it is not a video card , read the article.

Definately not a good idea. Don't bother with the Physics card for a few reasons.

1) Your not going to notice a difference on any games that currently run on your machine.

2) Even if you did have a top of the range machine, the small handful of games that support physics cards wouldn't give you that huge a benifit

3) These are 1st generation cards. There's not much compitition in the physics card market as of yet, and games developers are just starting to adopt the technology. Wait till it matures, has compitition to better the technology and lower prices.

4) The money would be better put towards a major overhaul of your PC.

Why are you bieng so rude? He made a little error.I think the 4Ti would be closely challenged to the 5200 FX , and if it beat it it would be only a slight lead.Anyways Is the MX 4000 an SLI ready card ( I not sure and I highly doubt it) Also what is a cheap AGP card thats like 100$ and will be good or better than a Nvidia 6100, I have a 350 PSU so try and make it that support if not i'll upgrade again!

Listen, I aint trying to flame. But like most people, I don't particularly like my post's being proof read and "corrected" by someone when they haven't read it right in the 1st place.

I Ain't being rude.

And no, a 5200FX has nothing like the performance of a GF4 Ti, far far from it, like 4-5 times the speed difference.

MX4000 is not a SLI card. I'd go for a Nvidia GF7600 if they come in AGP format or a Radeon X1900 if they're availible in AGP. I'm not sure what they'd cost in the US, but I'm guessing about £90, so by the time you convert it and take away the UK tax, your talking about $120 or sumint?

Back
Top Bottom