What Should I get? Windows XP 64 or 32?

karling07

Daemon Poster
Im buying a new laptop that comes with Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition, but I know I'll be using XP every now and then so I plan on dual booting. My question is should i buy XP Pro 32 bit or 64bit? Will I really notice that much of a difference with 64bit? Also will drivers/software be a problem?

Thanks

btw its a new HP dv9000t in case it matters

Why are you even going back to XP? You have 64bit Vista installed, setup and running with all the drivers installed. Have you any particular reason?

I'd stick with vista, because it's going to be the main supported OS from now on, period!

ok i tired 64 bit. nothign works with 64 bits on at all. it sucked so bad. it gave me bad dreams for a long time :(

There is a very limited selection of software that actually utilises 64bit at the moment, in far as xp 64bit, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, I tried it once and returned it as there was hardly no drivers available for it.

I had problems finding the drivers for a number of peripheals etc....in regards to Vista 64bit, I wouldn't know, but I must admit seeing Vista in action for the first time the other day, made me sorely tempted to purchase it.

It seemed so much smoother then RC1 version which I tried before hand, so personally if your lap top comes with Vista 64bit then I would get that because I would imagine that the components at least are going to be compatible.

64bit xp lol
It has been pointed out to me that your sig is over the max of 5 lines permitted, please go to user CP & adjust, letting me know when you've done it, you don't have to delete anything, a horizontal format should be sufficient.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom