slow!

how can i verify that?
as for the USB i did, i've reinstalled the intel desktop drivers, and i'm affraid to lose a another device!

and as for the slow...
to be honest, i really think it's getting a wee bit faster
though i've been defraging like crazy today...think it might be it?
i know it sounds stupid...
but...
how can i verify this aswell?!

Defraging puts your drive cleaner. What's the XP Service pack?

Well, what edition is it?

To verify your BIOS settings, you will need to press Delete (Del key) as soon as you power up your PC. Refer to your manual on what type of settings you have.. Try loading BIOS defaults.

it's the same i had before the upgrade, and no it's not 20$...
as for the properties it says:
intel(R)
pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40 GHz
3.40 GHZ, 1.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

do you want me to hijackthis?
cuz like i said it's a new OS...
ok theres a problem if u said your proc is 3600 ghz i think u meant mhz but it should be 3.60 ghz not 3.40 that might make it a little bit slower. this may be caused by a virus or spyware. ok anyway did you build this computer or did you get it like off dell or something

i have an old dell dimension 2350 that always has problems with the usb. im going to have to assume you comp is a dell because of the usb and its an intel mobo which is common in dells systems

No, it's like i said.
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz
3.40 GHZ, 1.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension,

Do you want me to print screen it?

And yes i've build it.

so, (finally) i've checked the BIOS and there it says.....
3.40 GHZ
800 MHz
533 MHz
weird...cuz it still says in windows 3.40 and 3.40...
what should i do??!!
anyway the comp is still slow!!!

i've loaded the default on the BIOS and re-inserted the BIOS jumpper
and the USB still isn't working!

i've read that my RAM might not be "comfertable" woth my board...
what do you think?

Hmm, I think there could possible be a problem there

Your memory has a FSB of 533MHz and not 800MHz with the CPU. Although this usually creates no problems, the fact that there not in sync might make it possible that it's the problem.

Tell me, is the memory installed at 2x512MB dimms, and is it dual channel. If so, I recomend if you can in the BIOS setting the memory speed from 533MHz to 400MHz. Dual Channel would put this effectively to 800MHz therefore in syncronisation with your CPU FSB.

It's something I would do anyway, but I'm doubt it'll be the cause of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom