Database Error @ 10:28 AM Pacific Time

Yeah, someone opened 150+ sessions to the database which is limit at 150 to stop the whole server crashing. Probably a recently banned disgruntled member

Oh dang, haha probably.

Hmm... I still get the DB error on Opera, but it works fine on FF.

However, when I put in the IP of CF from pinging CF in cmd prompt, it goes to a YaBB forum signup, so I cant even get to CF with ip on opera.

Oh dang, haha probably.

Hmm... I still get the DB error on Opera, but it works fine on FF.

However, when I put in the IP of CF from pinging CF in cmd prompt, it goes to a YaBB forum signup, so I cant even get to CF with ip on opera.
yeah the same thing happens to me when i put the ip adress in on ff i get the yabb forum page :confused:

does that mean only 150 people can veiwing teh site at once?

No because when someone views a page, as it is executed it queries the database and then closes the connection so the connection is only active for an extremely short amount of time.

so someone is purposefully keeping 150+ sessions open to the database so that it will stop other users from oppening sessions thus meaning we all see database error . is my understanding correct and is there a log of what IP is keeping the session open ? if so cant you see from this what exactly is happening

so someone is purposefully keeping 150+ sessions open to the database so that it will stop other users from oppening sessions thus meaning we all see database error . is my understanding correct and is there a log of what IP is keeping the session open ? if so cant you see from this what exactly is happening

Well they did at that point. It would be hard to maintain for any lenght of time

Back
Top Bottom