Low FPS

Spec

Fully Optimized
Ok, i know its been a while, and sorry about not dropping by int he forums for liek 5 months ;). Well anyways... i just currently installed vista ultimate edition on my computer (amd athlon 3500+, xfx 7600GT, 1gig ram). Well, currently i have been getting a really low frame rate on CS:S source and BF2. But the problem is that when i had XP i was getting 80+ FPS to bf2 and css... but now on vista on both games i recieve anywhere from 30-50. Anyone know of anything that can help? Thanks in advance
Spec

Other than getting another 1GB of memory, which is an excellent idea since Vista is quite the memory hog, make sure your video and motherboard chipset drivers are up to date. :D

i think the vista drivers are still unstable at this point, that might be the problem.

drivers might make a small difference, but it's most likely because of the ram. Vista wants lots of ram, so there isn't that much left for the games, resulting in a lower FPS.

Gr, well, the ram shouldn't be that much of a problem with FPS because CS:S only takes up 256-512 of your ram... bf2 512, but wait..taht means vista is taking up the other 512 i gues.

ok thanks you guys. I think i'll save up and get some more ram. Atomic, that helped a bit too, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom