what do u think about this kooling mod

If the motherboard and components were put in a container within the fridge, that kept it out of direct contact with the fridge (and had no gaps of course), so, the container would cool, cooling the components inside.

Would that be safer you think?

ya but im probly not ganna do that now
what about antifrezze would that work better then water?

Antifreeze has better heat transfer properties than plain water.
Brine is better than plain water.

Experimentation and research are the keys.

Kage,
all that effort for so little gain.
Seems like sealing your tower completely to make it water tight cutting a hole for the cables in the fridge door and you would have a cold tower but a lot of hot air inside the tower.

ok..if you have looked at the back of a frige, take a look... you use copper tubing to add water, therefore adding condensation, but theyere would be ALOT less if you just unhooked the coper tubing from the water supply...and just have it power plugged in..but most fridges don't work that way because you need water for most of them to be cold. But without the water, a regular fridge runs about 40-50 degrees Ferinheight, so it seems doable. But i dont know about miniture fridges, but i bet they work the same way.

The art of refrigeration technology is very well documented and, as such there are great many books on the subject.

The copper tube referred to I think may be for the automatic ice maker.
removing this means you won't get ice in your ice tray.

when you open the door you add to the condensation.

There are various methods used to remove heat, adsorption, evaporation and the peltier effect, there may be more.

I don't know what you mean about needing water to make things cold, perhaps you could enlighten me.

Interesting thread.

You could always use duck-tape around the holes for the wires and stuff to keep out the mosture, and just put some isulation in the holes before you tape it to help re-do the cold keeping capabilities

The only problem would really be condensation from the inside then (when everything was put in). i havn't seen a truly good idea on here yet to take care of taht.

^^ mostiure could still accumulate on the lines. if enough accumulates it could drip off onto a board.

Back
Top Bottom