need help!

ace777

Fully Optimized
I need to know how to get to DOS prompt, I tried to use an upgrade disk and there was a critical error i upgrading, It stoped halfway through and restarts. I can only aceess the setup,BIOS, and boot screen how do I get to dos prompt?:confused:

I don't have a boot disk!What can I do, I have a upgrade I never used from A comp 3 years ago, this comp I got at a store with no restore disk and so i just used the upgrade disk.Now I can't access anything ! any ideas?

I don't have a boot disk!What can I do, I have a upgrade I never used from A comp 3 years ago, this comp I got at a store with no restore disk and so i just used the upgrade disk.Now I can't access anything ! any ideas?

Are you using XP

Ive been looking on google and its not looking good at the moment they all relate to a boot disc either floppy or OS CD, as you don't have an OS DISC i don't know how to access it yet but IL keep looking unless another member comes up with something, i seem to think this crept up a month or two ago so IL see if i can find it in another thread

Can you get into safe mode? if you can you could try last known good config or try system restore from there

When I got this upgrade disk in the mail, it was ths disk for the transition from ME/2000 to XP ( like people bying a comp with XP when Vista Came out you could get this type of disk) So inside it cam with a XP update disk, and another that said XP OS.I just need to get it to stop updating and let me into dos prompt and I can go from there.

when I upgraded using this CD, I put all files in the WINNT folder, Is that why some things aren't bieng copied and it is restarting?

Back
Top Bottom