what do u think about this kooling mod

Hi,

Yes been over many times. As an independant contractor I used to get called to the Red Funnel and Wight Link ferries, So on some days i visited the Isle Of Wight several times.

Seem to be getting more work in portsmouth and Gosport now

Do you remember the Red Falcon last March 2006, Major incident when it crashed into the linkspan I got involved with the repair, during the process Wight link had a linkspan problem at Fishbourne, that must have been a nightmare for residents.

Best regards Paul.

P.S. Nice forum

Hi,

Yes been over many times. As an independant contractor I used to get called to the Red Funnel and Wight Link ferries, So on some days i visited the Isle Of Wight several times.

Seem to be getting more work in portsmouth and Gosport now

Do you remember the Red Falcon last March 2006, Major incident when it crashed into the linkspan I got involved with the repair, during the process Wight link had a linkspan problem at Fishbourne, that must have been a nightmare for residents.

Best regards Paul.

P.S. Nice forum
Yes Paul, I remember the 2006 incident, I moved to the island with my late wife in 1969, & have been here ever since, it was nice to get out of the mainland rat race, [if you don't mind me saying!] there was a similar earlier incident, can't remember the year though, then of course there's the time when the hovercraft flipped over in a gale.
Perhaps we'd better chat using PM, else we'll be told to stay on topic, send me one if you'd like to.

Yes Paul, I remember the 2006 incident, I moved to the island with my late wife in 1969, & have been here ever since, it was nice to get out of the mainland rat race, [if you don't mind me saying!] there was a similar earlier incident, can't remember the year though, then of course there's the time when the hovercraft flipped over in a gale.
Perhaps we'd better chat using PM, else we'll be told to stay on topic, send me one if you'd like to.
get back on topic ,/jk:D

anyway about the origonal idea there will be condensation in the fridge and how are you gonna cut holes i the fridge , and after a while cos of the holes the motor will overwork and burn out

hmm interesting concept i dnt think it shud b attempted by a amateur (no disrespect) but the idea is good and cud be really affective if a cooling company took the idea up then i wud maybe try it but not for home modding

too much danger

I'v ealways wondered if I could take an old fridge and put my radiator in there and then run the tubes out two holes so the liquid would be cold but the condensation would be contained within the tubes. But it could "sweat" on the outside of the hoses probably.

I had another look through the post's and yes I suppose it could be done.
I feel the gains would be minimal (1 or 2 Û« C at a guess) and the risk to your M/board quite high. Obviously the fridge would have to work harder, mainly because of all the holes you would have to cut.

How do you define “small fridge”, you may be thinking of the peltier technology based coolers that are around. I have one in use, they are not very efficient but they are able to form ice on the plates. They have an input power of 65W and assuming 100% efficiency (nothing like that actually) they could remove that amount of heat. Do you know how much heat your CPU produces not to mention all the chipsets and the GPU.

Perhaps you mean slightly larger evaporative fridges, they are much more efficient for every watt of input power you get around 3 out.

You could do what a lot of other people have done and use the principal of refrigeration and fit evaporator plates directly to your CPU and so on, condensation will be an absolute nightmare, there will be some noise from the compressor and you would have to learn about refrigeration from scratch. Than be aware of the Montreal protocol, the Kyoto protocol and all aspects of refrigeration handling.

Or just water cooling.

If you're like me you will have a go anyway, so extend your cables seal your M/board with something like WD40 cut a hole in the fridge and put it in.

I really would be interested to know your temperature differences, please don't put your PSU in there, that would be fatal, literally.

There are forums like I say and there is a company that market refrigerant cooling for PC's but it will not be cheap try Googling it.

Thanks Brookfield I'll PM Later

ok i guse it wouldnt work well
but what if u did a liquid cooling pc but instead of water
you used antifreeze or that stuph thats inside refridgerators
just messing around with the idea i have an older comp id like to
try somthing crazy out with see how far i can over clock it

ok i guse it wouldnt work well
but what if u did a liquid cooling pc but instead of water
you used antifreeze or that stuph thats inside refridgerators

That stuff inside refrigerators (refrigerant) can vary from NH3 (toxic) to CFC (ozone depleting) HCFC (global warming potential)and at pressures so high it would make your eyes water. can cause frost burns, can displace oxygen, some actually burn (potentially explode). You'll probably have trouble getting it without a licence anyway. So stick with water.

Glycol based antifreeze is also toxic to some degreee so be careful.

Interesting point here the piston engined fighters of the second world war used neat glycol, not only for it's antifreeze properties but mainly it's heat transfer capability.

There was a few years ago in Finland I think that overclocked a 1 GHZ cpu to around 4.2 GHZ. He used liquid nitrogen from a bucket, not for the faint hearted.

Good luck.

what about just a liquid cooling set up but with antifreeze
like what u put in your car
would that work better then water if not
whats a chemical i could use with a liquid cooling system that isnt to dangeorus and i can buy some wair

Back
Top Bottom