DLP Projection HDTV

Roost

Solid State Member
Are they any good for gaming ? i have a wii/ps3 and a 360 just wondering if there any good 2 play games on?

If not whats the best LCD?

They are alright. When you look to the side on them they get a little dull. I would not recommend a plasma if your are just going to be playing games on it. Plasmas have a burn in that occurs. For example if you play a game that has a cross hair in the middle of the screen and it stays there for a long period of time that image will get stuck in the screen.

Then you are screwed. What do you playing on getting? 720p? or a 1080p?

dont go dlp dlp sux there so big and bulcky and very poor viewing angles if your not in front of it u wont be able to see the best
get an lcd they have the least amount of problems best viewing angles and amazing picture

If you have the money for hd I say go for it, but considering I payed 1 grand extra for a t.v with it I really wasn't that impressed.

personally I've seen burn in happen on all screens including LCD monitors, (which I didn't really think was possible, but it's definiltly happened).

TBH though, I really wouldn't worry about it, I mean it's completly inluikly that you'll be playing for enough time to permenantly burn the screen like an old CRT. (days at a time without rest).
and if you are then you have bigger problems than just screen burn!!

DLP is a good invention but the drawbacks I've seen are the side viewing angles, and the large size. They're also not the greatest in bright rooms and they seem to have better quality when the room is dark or not very well lit. Personally I like LCD bceause they're thin and the quality is good. I'm not sure about plasma, I've heard about burn- in and I've even read about high pitched whining coming from the screen itself if you live at a high altitude of elevation. I think it all depends on preference personally, the only standard I don't like are the projection screens that you can't see from the side but I haven't seen those in stores for a few years so I guess it's fading out or faded out.

I'm buying a 50" plasma soon. Great picture, and it's on sale for under $2,000. Get LCD if you can afford it though. Most plasmas are not 1080, they're 720 unless you pay a ton for it.

The drawback to an LCD is they're expensive to get them big, usually the biggest you find them is 46". IMO, size matters :p

We're actually thinking about getting 2 TVs since they're so cheap, but we'll probably just spend more on the speakers (6.1 setup, $150/speaker and a $300 12" subwoofer :D )

If you plan on using hdmi cables DLP is the best way to go, cause DLP is the only TV that can support digital signals, other TVs may have hdmi connections but it only converts them back to analog signals.:)

Back
Top Bottom