2.1 vs 5.1 Speakers for Laptop

karling07

Daemon Poster
the 5.1 speakers all plug into the subwoofer witch connect to 1 aduio port

the 5.1 speakers that I have plug into the subwoofer and then there are 3 audio cables that go into the back of my PC

So esa, is the one 3.5mm jack going to put out a 5.1 surround sound signal?? I didn't think so. You'd need separate channels for the subwoofer/center, center, and rear speakers. Unless you use a digital cord, which he doesn't have the ports for on his laptop. Believe me, I have the Logitech Z-5500 speakers.

You could use the 5.1 system with it, but it would be a bit wasted because you wouldn't have surround sound.

As for the 2.1 setup, it should work fine. From what I can see, the ports on the front are for a microphone, headphones, and the last one is probably an audio out for the speakers. I doubt it would be separate channels for the speakers and the subwoofer (for surround effect), but it'll still work fine.

those x-230's are awesome speakers, those are what I have hooked up to my gaming rig. It has just one connection to go into the computer so it should work just fine for ya.

Back
Top Bottom