New mobo, only 1 of 4 usb devices working??

superman22x

Golden Master
I just got my new MSI mobo, and only 1 of my 4 usb ports on the back are working, any ideas why? In device manager it has 3 devices under Netowrk adapters that arent working, all say this: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The devices are labeled 6TO4 in the device manager, any ideas?

right i got error code 32 when trying to install my mums cd drive on her laptop that just disapeared 1 day out of my computer but n e way

give this a shot

open device manager

delete the things u sed wasnt working (usually have yellow thing ova them)

put ur driver cd in

do not run it just close what ever opens

reboot windows with ur driver / motherboard cd in

load into windows and it shud find you new hardware and install automatically with the cd in the drive

if not then looks like u got the same problem as my mum and have not bin able to fix it yet

Ok, well, if it doesnt work, hopefully thats the only problem, and I canbuy a 6 port usb Hub for my one working one I guess.

No luck with the driver CD, I dont understand why this is happening, and I dont want to send my mobo back in for a replacement.

go to devise manager

un-install the drivers only from the devises that have a yellow exclamation point next to them. that means the devise has a problem with it.

-edit-

most likely a driver problem, un-install the drivers only...then re-boot.

I will try that, but idk. I am going to download drivers off Nvidias webiste too see if that helps too.

Have you downloaded the lastest version of the chipset drivers? Find what brand you have like VIA for exsample and get the drivers for just that type.

I downloaded Nvidias drivers for it. And uninstalled the bad devices in control panel, and than I installed the 650i drivers from nvidia, and havent seen those bad devices but they arent there at all? And the USB ports dont work either.

Back
Top Bottom