e4300 too hot with 9500led

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hey fellas I have Zalman 9500led on my e4300 and the here are the idle stock temps:

TAT: 46C and 43C

Core Temp: 39C and 38C

I have Thermaltake Armour case:

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase/armor/va8000bws/va8000bws.htm

Now the 1st time I applied a thin layer of AC5 all over the CPU and the temps were a little higher but the 2nd time I used AC5's guide and applied only a thin layer of AC5 and the temps have dropped like 2 degrees. Someone suggested lapping the cpu and the heatsink because he said they are probably not flat enough. How can I measure the flatness? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

No, they are flat enough. I'd look for the case airfolow.

I am not sure what you mean. My case is under my desk, maybe 3 inches away from the wall just to give you an idea. I hear from people on google that lapping helped them significantly and that some e4300 are not as flat as they should be.

i don't know what exactly you mean by "lapping" but with all the pressure it's under, it should be flat enough.

What lhuser means is make sure cables aren't everywhere and you'r case fans are configured properly as to provide the best airflow inside the case improving the cooling of the system.

Also for most poeple on this forum it's getting closer to summer, so things are warming up in general. The ambient temperature from the room your comptuer is in does change the temps of the comptuer.

Also, try moving your comptuer out from under your desk. if there is not enough air space between teh computer and surroundings such as walls, furnature (the desk's back or what ever) and the floor it could be re-sucking in teh hot air it just expeneded. to get proper airflow comptuer's need room.

lapping might help. To ensure that it really is concave, use a razer blade and run it over the top the IHS. If you see any gaps, its not flat. Do the same with the heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom