Emac external hdd problem

blackjack

Fully Optimized
Father inlaw just bought a iQON 500GB QDRIVE EXTREME from Aldi, it says it is compatible with macs OS10.1.5 or later. He has he latest OS on TIGER, i think, he connected it up with the usb leads provided then switched on.
The new volume icon appears on his desktop but when he tries to drag a folder into it, it says" The item could not be moved because new volume cannot be modified",. There was a disc that came with it but it is very hard to follow, the user manual only refers to xp or later and doesn't mention anything about installing on macs:(
Has anyone got any idea how to use this drive on a mac?

i know this has nothing to do with your problem but how much was the drive and is it a good make?

you have to open disk utility

applications > utilities > disk utility

then click the drive

and then click erase

and format with "mac os x (extended)"

should work :p

i know this has nothing to do with your problem but how much was the drive and is it a good make?

I'M not familiar with the make but its a bargain offer especially as you get all the extras as well and get this, if you look the same one on tescos its £140 on its own, just goto ALDI website under Thursday 11 may or click on my thread i made the other day on it.

Thanks RAFFAZ no i don't think it has and that would explain why its reading 465gb instead of 500 well thought out mate:)

Thank you BORAT for telling me how to format it to mac IL try tomorrow or Sunday and let you know how i got on:)

you have to open disk utility

applications > utilities > disk utility

then click the drive

and then click erase

and format with "mac os x (extended)"

should work :p

That worked perfectly mate so thanks a bunch lol i wouldn't even have known where to start with a mac. P.S father in law is really chuffed about it and i must admit I'm a bit envious as its a good buy.

I'M not familiar with the make but its a bargain offer especially as you get all the extras as well and get this, if you look the same one on tescos its £140 on its own, just goto ALDI website under Thursday 11 may or click on my thread i made the other day on it.

i qon is phillips computer/acessosries making name , so the company they market the pc's/accessory as is iqon but it is just a phillips brand , kind of like nec and packard bell as well . i only know cos i have an old case here that has iqon technologies/phillips multimedia on the oem and on a service tag on the back and when i went to the support site it was phillips

i qon is phillips computer/acessosries making name , so the company they market the pc's/accessory as is iqon but it is just a phillips brand , kind of like nec and packard bell as well . i only know cos i have an old case here that has iqon technologies/phillips multimedia on the oem and on a service tag on the back and when i went to the support site it was phillips

I never new that, so in effect it is a good brand then but i wouldn't recommend there web support mate, as when i tried it and got to external devices or accessories the link wouldn't work:( .

Back
Top Bottom