booting partitions

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
how can i make the partition itself and how can i transfer the booting properties to that drive? i'm new to this and i just formatted my drive, so bare with me :)

oh sorry, yes its a clean install. i just finished formatting now and i'm running xp.

If you havn't installed anything yet, just re-do the install and you can partition the drive durring the install process (right before formatting) and make everything the size you want.

of you can get a free Copy of G-Parted to partition it, but i don't know if that'll work to transer over and boot off of.

Just boot from your XP CD and that will take care of it. You can create, delete, format partitions from the CD, are you doing a dual boot or single boot?

i'm doing a single boot and i don't have an xp disk, its a prebuilt computer so it comes only comes with a recovery cd.

i heard there were programs that partition it automatically, but is the boot files just the WINDOWS folder in my c: drive?

The boot files will be installed when you use the recovery disc. If your just doing 1 partition then its pretty straightforward.

Back
Top Bottom