Recommended Watts?

ace777

Fully Optimized
What tis the recommended wattage for my sig? I have a 350 running a 5200 FX, and 1.256 RAM should I get more? I disabled the internal vid and sometimes if I REALLY work the comp it shuts down from to little power.

Well if the system is tell you too much power, just up the psu another 100 Watts, 450 is more than enough for your system.

ru sure it is shutting down from to much power usage or temperature??

Tahts what I said, I know its not over heating but I think the PSU is stressed from the GB of ram and the 5200. For 1 GB you should have like 350 min so is that really the prob or is it something else:confused: :confused: ?

I'm a bit confused to be honest, RAM usually isn't a power hog, and I used to use an FX5200 in my dell dimension 3000, which i can't see having a power supply with higher wattage than 350.

The guy at best buys said I should have no less than a 350 watt PSU.IDK alot about RAM so maybe its not

i doubt ur running out of power how old is your PSU the older the PSU is the lower the actual wattage is unforunately. the CPU is the primary power hog NOT the ram and a 5200 shouldnt take up more than 40 watts at load. just buy a 400-500 watt PSU from a GOOD BRAND dont go cheap or else youll end up buying another one

the wattage is enough. I don't see any problems with it, most of the power usually goes to the vid card, and well an fx5200 doesn't really need a lot of power. Also the cpu isn't that great, so I doubt it's sucking up huge amounts of power. And ram doesn't really use power that much, maybe like 10W per stick or something.

Back
Top Bottom