Finally got it!

Thank you guys for the congrats!

Yes it was the real exam so I am A+ and Network+ Certified now. Actually when I took the A+ test last year I failed the easier part lol, that being the Hardware. As far as I know though the new A+ test is not separated into a Hardware and Software section anymore, its like a core exam of both and then you have like 4 different areas you can choose from to take for the second exam.

The only thing I can tell you to really study up on are the IRQ's and COMs and all that, and the the steps of the laser printer cycle, those were what really threw me off on the exam the first time I took it.
Congrats on the pass, i passed mine last year. So whats ya plans now, are ya gonna do any MScerts etc?

The new A+ is still 2 exams to pass. You have an essentials exam and then you have to pick another one out of 3. They are IT technician, remote support technician and depot technician.

I never got asked anything about IRQs and COMs in my exam, i think you personally need to study every area because the questions are never the same.

Yes, I am eventually going to do some of the MScerts, but probably not until after I at least get a year or two of college in. As for what im gunna do, im doing everything I can to find a job right now (I live in Michigan right now, so jobs are very scarce) but I think I stand more of a chance now :D

Good luck with your job hunt and with future certs. Ive done a few MS ones, so if ya need any advice on them then let me know.:)

Actually one thing I could use help with, the field that im really interested in going into is Network Security. Now that I have the A+ and Network+ Certification, what certification should I go after next?

There are a few for security. You have comptia security+, Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) Then you have MS ones they are the 70-298 - Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network and 70-299 - Implementing and Administering Security in a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network

I think it would make sense for you to go for security+ because its not vendor specific, and you already have 2 other comptia certs.

Sounds good, ill have to check out the details on those and pick up a book. If I go with any of the MScerts for security its going to be after I get my associates or bachlors.

The CEH course has got a reputation for being the toughest one. You also get vetted before you can do the course. You also have to take some workshops for this as alot of the material cannot be published because of security risks. There are a few books but they dont cover everything.:)

Back
Top Bottom