i need help asap!!

kowalc_25

Beta member
my computer has been junking out for a while now but its now officially a pile of s**t. i think ther is a corrupted file on the hard drive because a blue screen popped up and said something similar to that. its been running slow and crashing ever since. now it wont let me log in under my name because it says the profile may be corrupted so it logs me as a temp user. id really like to recover my files so does anyone know how to fix this. if not i would just like to erase everything and then reinstall the microsoft programs but i dont know how to do that either. any help would be greatly appretiated

Reformatting is quite easy, just put your xp disc in and reinstall windows, follow the instructions on the disc and you cant go wrong.
Make sure you have all your necessary drivers like graphic card software and your motherboard disc if you have one. Write down your INTERNET settings as well so you can set up your email client and server provider.
A good back up program is RECOVERMYFIES or GETDATABACK

it depends if u have a password on your account or not ??

if there is no password on the account then let it log u in as a temp user and goto C:/documents and settings/your account/my documents
then back everythin u want up either to disk or shhared docs or something

and once u backed it up you shud just be able to goto C:/documents and settings and then delete you account name that will delete your profile and then you will have to create a new account or .. remove ur name in control panel

have you tried system restore?

Can you post the full error your receiving?

Back
Top Bottom