Pool into Jello

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
Now I have an Olympic sized swimming pool, and I want to turn it into jello. I found a product sold in 5lb bags that is for jello wrestling, and does not need to be frozen to turn into gelatin, and doesn't need boiling water added to it. Just water + jello mix.

The dimensions are:

L: 164 Feet
W: 82 Feet
Average H: 6 Feet

This seems perfect, however the volume of my pool in gallons (measured by L * W * Average Height * 7.5) is, well very big. So I thought of just turning the top foot into jello; which would be 100,860 gallons. My provider of gelatin sells by 5lb bags that turn 25 gallons of water into gelatin, so I would need 4000 bags of this gelatin.

This amount should be doable. But does anyone have any ideas as to how I could isolate the top 1 foot of my pool to turn it into jello?

Drain the pool to only be 1 foot deep. That's the easiest solution.

I can't think of any other way..the jello mix is soluble in all the pool water, so unless you somehow block off the bottom part, all the water going to mix with the jello mix...

And assuming it's a standard Olympic size pool, you might want to get an extra bag or two since you're not rounding up in your cnoversions I think

Well, if you could find a way to make the solution of water and jello mix less dense than the swimming pool water, it would naturally float to the top.

Turning the top layer of your pool into jello doesn' seem like a good idea anyways-- it won't work well.

And remember, if you do turn your pool into jello, don't jump right in. You can't swim in jello, and I don't think you want to eat your way out.

HAHA, you need jello lifeguards!!
I'm actually a certified lifeguard, wow that would be a fun job..

That seems like a huge amount of money to be spent on a jello swimming pool, what will you do if you want to swim normal afterwards? I guess you dont have to get out of the pool if you get hungry, lol, jk. If you were to do only the top layer, after going into it, it would get broken up and eventually be in all of the pool correct?

The gel mix naturally makes the water denser than it normally would be. So what are you forgetting about? If you said the filter and the circulation pump then you thought right. Whether the filter is a paper cartridge or a sand filter, you're going to ruin either one. as for the pump, it's designed to move straight water. Make it denser and the pump may fry trying to move the gel.
And how do you intend to clean out the pool if the pump can't be used?
Hate to rain on your parade but the sand filter and pumps are not cheap to replace. I'm managed enough hotel properties to have some experience in having to purchase new ones.

The gel mix naturally makes the water denser than it normally would be. So what are you forgetting about? If you said the filter and the circulation pump then you thought right. Whether the filter is a paper cartridge or a sand filter, you're going to ruin either one. as for the pump, it's designed to move straight water. Make it denser and the pump may fry trying to move the gel.
And how do you intend to clean out the pool if the pump can't be used?
Hate to rain on your parade but the sand filter and pumps are not cheap to replace. I'm managed enough hotel properties to have some experience in having to purchase new ones.
Can't you just turn off the filter and block the intakes if necessary..then turn it back on after you're done??

lmao, are you seriously going to do this? This is the kinda stuff that will end up on the news man!

Back
Top Bottom