windows playing up

Thanks for the replies people! :)

I am in the same situation that BlackJack was in! I get freezes...and it may be because of the graphics card.

Computer Specs (thats a hard one!):
AMD 1800+ (i think!)
120GB Hard Drive
1GB Ram
Crap Graphics Card (SIS)

Windows XP student edition is from a torrent download, it works fine but just freezes when, i think, i do demanding tasks. I burn a lot of DVD's etc.

I did all the health check...i.e. pcpitstop, symantech etc. They all said good health etc.

So i did try anything i can think of! But nothing! What else can i do (that isn't too extreme)!???!

Thanks for anymore help!

p.s. just downloading ccleaner and will run it.

Completed CCleaner and it got rid of 3, 600mb!!! eeehhh is that normal! So i had 3GB of crap laying around! I doubt this will solve problem but hopefully it will!

Anything else that i can run or do to solve problem? :)

It should make a bit of difference ,thats quite alot of junk, i don't think it will solve the freeze issue altogether though, has you graphics card got a heat sinc? if so is it clean of dust?. you could try a windows repair as well if you haven't already

Just thought of something else, check your system temp to see if computer is overheating that would cause freezes or random starts

Wuum, I'd look at your PSU's wattage. Just open up your PC and read what's on the Power supply. It's the one with the big sticker. if you can get me the wattage, I could see with that.

I had this problem with mine. The PSU was 250W and my machine was a little under the specs than yours, but it locked up randomly.

Back
Top Bottom