windows playing up

compsci

Solid State Member
Hello all,

Everytime I switch one my pc and choose to startup windows XP Student Edition. After a while, it freezes! I can't move the mouse, once I cant do that i press enter or esc on the keyboard and it makes one "beep" sound and thats it, nothing else happens. I restart computer and use it for a while again, sometimes it doesn't freeze and sometimes it does! I think it usualy freezes up when i do things that are demanding like burning on nero.

I have run virus tests etc using AVG. Sometimes it freezes during this but i have deleted something called "installer.exe" since it was shown up as a threat. I though this would solve problem but it didn't!

Anyone know what else i can do or what is wrong with Windows?

Thanks all, Appreciate any help! :)

Hello all,

Everytime I switch one my pc and choose to startup windows XP Student Edition. After a while, it freezes! I can't move the mouse, once I cant do that i press enter or esc on the keyboard and it makes one "beep" sound and thats it, nothing else happens. I restart computer and use it for a while again, sometimes it doesn't freeze and sometimes it does! I think it usualy freezes up when i do things that are demanding like burning on nero.

I have run virus tests etc using AVG. Sometimes it freezes during this but i have deleted something called "installer.exe" since it was shown up as a threat. I though this would solve problem but it didn't!

Anyone know what else i can do or what is wrong with Windows?

Thanks all, Appreciate any help! :)

did you download this version?

i have had the same problem when i downloaded a bad XP Pro torrent

did you download this version?

i have had the same problem when i downloaded a bad XP Pro torrent

yes i did to be honest. :eek: Did you fix it? If not do you know the reason why...maybe i can have a go and fix it! :)

Try downloading it again from a different source. Whats the specs of your pc?

i have this version. its the no activation one :) mine works perfect though. i dont think this is a bad download. sounds like your pc is full of crap. run spybot s and d, maybe an online scanner like trend micro, clean temp files, defrag, etc... see if that does anything.

one thing I've learned over the years is to buy my software. The time wasted on bug exploits, viruses and dodging activation would be much better put to earning £60 for an OEM version of the stuff.

No sympathy.

Have you checked your graphics card as mine went with similar circumstances. if I turned on my computer it would freeze on the desktop,or I would be on line or burning a disc anything then eventually i started getting funny colors on my screen and i twigged what it was.
I like you did the av scans, reformat ,fiddled with my memory just about everything it drove me crackers:mad:

yea my old graphics card used to freeze my computer because it was fcuked. i would try cleaning your pc junk first. i recon you have a lot of crap files

You could try this program to see if it helps http://www.ccleaner.com/
How much hdd are you using? do you store big files like films , photographs or games because this would cause you problems if you only had 256 or 512 ram

If all else fails just download a better torrent.

If you need one just PM me, I have a few.

Back
Top Bottom