Command and Conquer Generals Problems

connchri

Daemon Poster
Ok, here's the deal.

I've built a new machine about 2 weeks ago and Command and Conquer Generals simply does not run. Windows Vista or XP, it's just not up to it. It loads as far as the splash screen but goes no further. It's not a system wide crash, just the application. It can't be my Raid either because it's currently not operational, waiting on a replacement hard drive.

My specs are in the sig. I'm up to date with all my drivers and windows update. Even updated my BIOS and tried it without the overclocks in my hardware. Compatibilty mode has no effect either. Tried disabling all background software and even all the Windows services, to no avail.

I'm starting to get to my wits end because this is my favourite and probably only game I play on my PC.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Cheers.

Tired countless times. The CD's are fine. Infact, just that you mentioned that, I'm going to try a no-cd crack as it could be a possibility that the my DVD-RW is not compatible with the CD protection. I've heard of a story that Vista 64bit doesn't support some form.

I'll let you know how I get on.

I had that problem too it just sits there... try just letting it sit till it goes... if its like my problem it will eventually then it has never done it to me since.

It doesnt take too long, but if youre sitting there for more than 15-20 minutes it might be something else.

Well, I'd turn off all your overclocking. It could be a little problem with the clock speeds. Just because it was stable during tests, doesn't mean it will always be stable.

As I said, I've tried with no overclocking. Anyway, I'll give it a go with it just sitting there.

I'll let you know what happens, cheers.

Back
Top Bottom