Finally got it!

Infin1ty1

In Runtime
Well Im having a good day and I feel like bragging! Today I went and took the test for the Network+ certification and the part I failed on the A+ Certification test last year and I passed both tests!!

congrats!! which one was the difficult part which you failed the first time? just in case i ever decide to get certified, i would like to know which is the hard topic to concentrate on.

congrats!! which one was the difficult part which you failed the first time? just in case i ever decide to get certified, i would like to know which is the hard topic to concentrate on.
Its not a difficult part hes referring to. There are 2 exams for the A+ certification and he has obviously failed one of them. Also, theres not much point asking what questions are difficult because they are taken from a question pool so the exam questions are never the same.:)

Thank you guys for the congrats!

Yes it was the real exam so I am A+ and Network+ Certified now. Actually when I took the A+ test last year I failed the easier part lol, that being the Hardware. As far as I know though the new A+ test is not separated into a Hardware and Software section anymore, its like a core exam of both and then you have like 4 different areas you can choose from to take for the second exam.

The only thing I can tell you to really study up on are the IRQ's and COMs and all that, and the the steps of the laser printer cycle, those were what really threw me off on the exam the first time I took it.

Congrats.

I want to go and try to get A+ certified. I'm in a basic class for it right now in my school (public schools do work :)).

I know very little about networking. I know enough to set up a basic network in my house, but if i have to add extra switches, or hubs or even password protect wireless (thats why its mac filtered). given the chance i'd love to take a class on it.

Yup i've actually gotten all of my classes through my high school for my exams. We have the CCRESA program which is basically a program that pays the schools to have college instructors come in and teach us for a year at no cost to us, I feel very lucky because not only do we get free college credit but these 3 exams i've taken have all been free of charge to me.

Some advise to everyone still in High School, take as much free college credit as you can possibly get!! Even if its at a discount price you should still get it! I've basically taken and have gotten 21 credits in the past 2 years at no charge and that is a little over 1 years worth of credits.

Back
Top Bottom