Windows XP Pro/Windows Vista Home premium dual boot ftw?

I have Windows XP Professional version with service pack 2 as my main OS installed onto my C:/ Drive,
I want to partition my 40GB C:/ drive and make a 15GB partition and install Windows Vista Home premium edition can dual boot be done?

could be... but a 15GB partition for vista would be pointless, cant really see the point of dual booting two different versions of windows on such a small HHD

I have Windows XP Professional version with service pack 2 as my main OS installed onto my C:/ Drive,
I want to partition my 40GB C:/ drive and make a 15GB partition and install Windows Vista Home premium edition can dual boot be done?
Yeah it can be done, im running it now. I would make your vista partition bigger tho.

A word of thought. I have a 40gig hdd 30gig win xp c/drive and a 10gig partition of xp as a back up d/drive, I have installed vista ultimate 3 times now on my c drive but the only problem i find is that the built in back up in vista tends to reduce my drive by nearly half IE to about 15g. I have never found away to delete or switch of the back up, so it was really pointless me upgrading as i would fill 15gig easy and it would start to slow my computer down. you are putting a different version on that doesn't have the back up( I think) so you might get away with it but in all honesty i would buy a bigger hdd first before going down that option.

Back
Top Bottom