4200+ X2 Destroys Conroe E6600

Ya me to my best time for the 1M I think is 13 sec. I think freestyler also got this or maybe he did better I can't remember...
Yep, I got something like that. I've been meaning to try to push it farther, but I've been really busy lately..

^lol
In case your to lazy here is the 3dMark 06 cpu score
tomshardware.jpg

what i'd like to see is super Pi what ever it's called run on both systems since that is a mesure of almost only proc intensive.

super pi is not all cpu power. You can have a cpu run at 5Ghz and memory run at 100mhz and the performance will be horrible. Super pi is all about memory speed and timings (primary and secondary timings) along with processor speed and efficiency at executing the instructions.

Yeap im not being a fan boy but I liked AMD but now I went whats best right now and I am happy with my C2D.

And that's a stock speeds. You have to remember, a Core 2 Duo overclocks far better than a Athlon 64. Look at my sig, I'd like to see your 4200 x2 keep up with that!

Just did a quick benchmark using SiSandra 2007.5.11.35. My "puney" E4300 is currently clocked at 3.15GHz because of new memory that I've not quite pushed it back to the limit yet.

Dhrystone ALU 25195 MIPS
Whetstone iSSE3 19178 MFLOPS
Integer x8 iSSSE3 : 170819 it/s
Float x8 iSSE2 : 131704 it/s

Lol, let me know how your 4200x2 gets on, because as far as Toms' hardware goes, and SiSandra's comparison results go, there's not an AMD there to keep up with it. Not bad for £90.

Now if you'd be so kind to post your results for CPU marks only, I'll download 3dMark tommorow and give you my results.

LOL. connchri, if you are so confident that the Core 2 Duo will win at everything...compare memory bandwidth with the A64 X2. That is one place where the Core 2 Duo will get whipped. The Core 2 Duo has less memory bandwidth than the Netburst processors.

You guys are taking this post in the wrong direction.

This was never meant to be a " LOL AMD PWNS INTEL!!!!111oneonetwo" topic.

I was just looking for answers as to why my 3Dmark06 scores are better than his, (yes even before my other 2 gigs of ram) I know his processor owns mine by a long shot. So thats why i was wondering even if his card was clocked a little lower than mine, wouldn't the score still be higher or a little closer to mine because of his godly cpu? ESPECIALLY since it is clocked from 2.4 to 3.19 ( at the time of the score i posted my processor was at stock speeds)

As far as the pictures i haven't gotten any yet. My friend has seem them he was there when i took the test. He is stumped.

You say you don't believe me. Why would I try to "impress" you people that i don't even know, on some forum I care so little about? My score is the same as it always has been. 3494

LOL. connchri, if you are so confident that the Core 2 Duo will win at everything...compare memory bandwidth with the A64 X2. That is one place where the Core 2 Duo will get whipped. The Core 2 Duo has less memory bandwidth than the Netburst processors.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=432&model2=479&chart=163

Yes, the AMD does have higher bandwidth. I'm still confident my £90 Core 2 Duo is the better CPU across the board compared to any even double the price, is somecases any AMD CPU.

RAM Bandwidth Integer 5940MB/s
RAM Bandwidth Float 5944MB/s

Correction, the Netburst architecture does not have higher memory bandwidth in comparision with the majority of the C2D. Indeed, most of the C2D have greater bandwidth than the P4's.

Just like the NetBurst architecture, the super high Memory Bandwidth doesn't make it a great CPU. LOL, or the AMD would never had always been the performance king over the P4 Era if that were the case. The P4 always had far greater memory bandwidth, but never quite cut it.

The same goes for the Athlon 64's. AMD is now concentrating selling A64's on the integrated memory controller spin that it's easy to overlook that the rest of the architecture is simply not up to the performance of the compitition. You now get 3GHz A64's and there running hot now, again, AMD are trying to squeeze every bit of clock out them now. Even with Windsors far higher memory bandwidth, the C2D kills it in all other benchmarks and real life programs.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=432&model2=479&chart=163

Only the Windsor core A64's have greater memory bandwidth.

AMDPwn0r, appologies for the somewhat "brute" and straight to the point post of mine, but considering the title of the thread, your username and you forgiving the AMD system so easily for having 2GB of extra memory, I initially took you as a AMD fanboy, hence my reply.

What core of A64 x2 4200 are you using anyway?

Yeah, tests will usually vary. Don't just run it once and think that the score is set in stone. Do a clean install with both systems using the same hardware, or comparably the same hardware and do several tests.

Back
Top Bottom