SCORE!!!!! a new monitor!!!

I have a dual monitor set up.

I have a 22'' Scepture, and a 17'' Dell

Its really nice to multitask isnt it?

Doesnt matter the monitor size, it still helps multitasking sooooo much!

I have a dual monitor set up.

I have a 22'' Scepture, and a 17'' Dell

Its really nice to multitask isnt it?

Doesnt matter the monitor size, it still helps multitasking sooooo much!
:eek: lucky bugger lol. sounds like a nice setup.

I have a 19" flat viewsonic and 17" flat Samsung on my main PC

On my second rig I have a 21" old nec monitor

nice i remember my first find twas a ol ibm pentium 486 75mhz 32mb ram and a 1gb hard drive with 8mb rage xl gpu ran win 98 like a dream back in the days was about 2004 i think
then shortly after that died i found a 7.6 gb hd in an entry(alleyway) one day doing my paper round took it home plugged it in my desktop which back then was a p2 with 256mb ram and a 20gig hd it worked so i put my music folder on it and it still works to this day , i also had the dell ultrascan 14" from the ibm comp i found till about a month back when i replaced it with a bigger crt

pics:
100_0561.jpg

100_0558.jpg

i got my second monitor in a smiler way... some guy down the street had it out in his driveway, asked if he was using it, he said no, so now i have my second monitor :)

I've never understood how these dual monitor things work

I've got a sparkle 7600GT video card, and a 19" TFT monitor. I was planning on upgrading to 22" and selling my 19" but as you guys are saying dual monitors are so awesome, I might as well keep my 19" and go dual

But how does it work??? Lol

Do you just get 2 DVI cables and connect both of them to the back of your graphics card? (My video card has 2 DVI ports at the back)

At the moment my 19" is hooked up to my graphics card with a VGA cable using a VGA to DVI adapter like this one
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/images/items/vga-to-dvi.jpg - The bottom one

Am I better off getting a DVI to DVI cable for my dual monitors, or using adapters, or is there no difference?

I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to these dual monitor thing, I used to be really computer savvy but when all this new stuff came out, I kind of drifted off....lol

Also, once I've connected the dual monitors, how does it work? Say can I play a game on one monitor and talk on msn on the other? How does the computer know which monitor to "work on" if you know what I mean :confused:

Any help is appreciated ....

Back
Top Bottom