New 8800 Ultra!

Yeah waste of money nothing new just higher clocks and different cooling design thats what 3dguru said.

Would anyone every pay near $1K for a graphics card?

trust me there is so many people who would pay 1.5k for a graphics card JUST to say my video card is the BEST. too bad for Nvidia that when the
R600 launches it will no longer be the top :( VERY VERY poor timing of the realese. ANYONE with that kind of cash to spend WILL wait for the more powerful R600 from ATi no doubt

i don't think it will push the other video card prices down as nvidia introduced a new price point and which new video cards can sell at. Those bastards...

I bought my 7600GT last year (bout april or may, can't remember)
And it still plays all the games I care for.

A waste of money. Period.

It's exactly like what the 6800 Ultra was like with the 6800 GT, only this time it's the 8800 Ultra and 8800 GTX. The ONLY difference is the higher clock speeds and new revision of silicon (which is how they tweak it higher). Other than that, it's exactly the same as a GTX.

Oh and GUESS WHAT? They charge you another $200+ for it! How retarded.

df5c526d.jpg

Alvino's right. All that money for a 10-12% increase in performace is ridiculous.

I read somewhere that the MSRP of this card is supposed to go down to $700 in like 2 weeks. Better, but I still don't think it's justified.

trust me there is so many people who would pay 1.5k for a graphics card JUST to say my video card is the BEST. too bad for Nvidia that when the
R600 launches it will no longer be the top :( VERY VERY poor timing of the realese. ANYONE with that kind of cash to spend WILL wait for the more powerful R600 from ATi no doubt

Yeah, but you must have forgotten, they already released benchmarks for that, I thought. And it wasnt as good even the 8800GTS and barely better than the 8800GTS, althought the card was beta or something, it was still not that great.

If they simply dropped the price It would be loads better. Still that is one amazing card!

Yeah, but you must have forgotten, they already released benchmarks for that, I thought. And it wasnt as good even the 8800GTS and barely better than the 8800GTS, althought the card was beta or something, it was still not that great.
Yeah, and plus most likely by the time the R600 comes out, the 8900 series will be out. Those are supposed to be killer, with a GTS, GTX, and a GX2 version with 2 cores!!!

These are the rumored specs, we'll see:
G8x.gif

Obviously it's not confirmed, and a few things look a bit fishy, but it's not all completely made up. It's an educated guess.

Back
Top Bottom