system restore

convergecult

In Runtime
i built my own pc and i know on my moms compaq you can do a system restore to clear it out to factory settings. is there a way to do this with my windows xp disk withought havening to re-activate my windows disk? on my pc

hi,

i think your best bet is to download norton ghost install windows xp on your pc then all the programs you need then defrag then run ghost and that makes a backup of your computer how it is when u run it and can be run at any time so you pc will be restored exactly how it was wen u made the image

oh right sorry didint realise you need ur pc restoring now umm im guessing you prob dnt want to reactivate windows coz its a pirate copy and some old friend activated it for you but you dont know how to ???

sorry to assume the worst but thats usually the reason ppl dnt want to reinstall

and if u r legit i will apologise IM me and if im right and ill c wot i can do

it is a legit copy bought it from newegg i was just wondering if there was an easier way then to just reinstall it

ok im sorry

but it looks like unless u made a back up when you first installed it then i would say no you could c how far back system restore takes you but i think its only back about 3 months

i built my own pc and i know on my moms compaq you can do a system restore to clear it out to factory settings. is there a way to do this with my windows xp disk withought havening to re-activate my windows disk? on my pc

See whats in bold? No you cannot. If you were to 're-install' windows, format the hdd and reinstall windows, or restored the system back to *original* factory settings you would have to still re-enter the 25 digit product key code to validate your verison of Windows.

Installing windows XP Pro only takes about an hour to install. If you have to install ALL the updates,patches,service packs, then yes I feel for you. I just did a FFR (Full Format & Recovery) on one of my systems Microsoft had 83 updates for my system. Took a while.

im guessing you prob dnt want to reactivate windows coz its a pirate copy and some old friend activated it for you but you dont know how to ???

Geezzz...

create a new partition. move all your data onto it. then format and install on the original partition, then you will still have all your data. you could also install your programs on the other partition

If you have to install ALL the updates,patches,service packs, then yes I feel for you. I just did a FFR (Full Format & Recovery) on one of my systems Microsoft had 83 updates for my system. Took a while.
If you wanna install all your patches SP's etc, you can use a great program called autopatcher, it saves loads of time, available here http://www.autopatcher.com/downloads/

If you wanna install all your patches SP's etc, you can use a great program called autopatcher, it saves loads of time, available here http://www.autopatcher.com/downloads/
very interesting link cheers raffaz +1

@ the orig question
i have a norton ghost image file i use to restore both my desktop and laptop and it has the bas progs installed
win xp home or pro
office
macromedia studio
avg free av
comodo pf
and a bunch of other stuff i dont care to remember
and if anything goes wrong i just use norton ghost to restore everything back to the orig settings , i usually update the ghost image every month or so so it keeps updates and shizz like that

Back
Top Bottom