Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just as a note if your RAM ratio is 1:1 then your FSB cant go higher than your RAM speed. you can do 1 of 2 things
1)oc your ram to the fsb setting which is probaly the way everyone should go
2)change the ration so that the RAM is less than the cpu which then the overclock does little or nothing because the only place the cpu can get threads is from the L1 cache which gets its data from the L2 cache which gets its data from the RAM so the oc does almost nothing because the L1 and L2 cache are very small

Nice, im new and i have tried to over clock my computer tones. but the 1 bad thing is my processor is actually called "Intel Celeron CPU 2.80GHz" which is bad because it says 2.80GHz and if i overclock it to 3200 for example people will know it over clocked but whats the point i think mines fast enough already.

You save money the faster it gets! My processor was 1.8 when I started and is now 2.5! Makes your computer so much faster than it orginally is!

hi,

my m8's got a ASUS P5VD2-MX with pentium D 915 and 2 GB Corsair RAM and want to know if he can overclock it ???
if so could n e 1 walk us through it and what are suitable speeds to be going at with stock fan & heatsink ??

thanks

mine can go from a 2ghz processor into a 2.8ghz but when i try to increase it windows doesn't start and i need to open up the biosand lower the memory frequency back to 140 (note, processor speed is double that so that means 280 and add a decimal that makes 2.80ghz)

i doubt you will be able to get up a full ghz without raising the voltage. and i think your motherboard might hold you back. i havent heard of jetway ever being good or even half decent for overclocking. if you have the stock cooler than you probably will need to buy a better one to be able to get it that high

you can overclock you processor by 10% without having any isues. i got mine to 40% then i had to incrase voltage and i went stuff it so i leave mine at 2ghz (celeron)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom