Your Current Occupation

aeronautical engineer (playing around with those big things that fly... hopefully...) working on the radio and radar equipment

WOW that sounds really :cool: I would give my right arm to do something like that but sadly i don't have enough upstairs to do it :D

WOW that sounds really :cool: I would give my right arm to do something like that but sadly i don't have enough upstairs to do it :D

yeah its pretty interesting.. some of the units we see there just confuse the hell outa me, but im slowly getting the hang of more of it, im in my second year of a 5 year apprenticeship there.. its a pretty good job really :)

yeah its pretty interesting.. some of the units we see there just confuse the hell outa me, but im slowly getting the hang of more of it, im in my second year of a 5 year apprenticeship there.. its a pretty good job really :)

Its nice when you get to do a job you really enjoy, i bet you get to see all top secret stuff technology and all that.

nah, i work for sr technics, we supply units for alot of airlines around the world, companies like easyjet, ryanair, monarch, thomas cook, etc, etc.. we dont work for one particular airline, but we lease our units out to the airlines and do the maintaince on them..

nah, i work for sr technics, we supply units for alot of airlines around the world, companies like easyjet, ryanair, monarch, thomas cook, etc, etc.. we dont work for one particular airline, but we lease our units out to the airlines and do the maintaince on them..

I don't do allot of flying but watch that series air crash investigations on sky, you will probably have seen them as-well, they sure put you off flying when you see some of the the maintenance blunders or tech-no failures on air craft, you have a very good job and a very difficult one it must take allot of concentration and carry allot of responsibility

I don't do allot of flying but watch that series air crash investigations on sky, you will probably have seen them as-well, they sure put you off flying when you see some of the the maintenance blunders or tech-no failures on air craft, you have a very good job and a very difficult one it must take allot of concentration and carry allot of responsibility

yeah, it is difficult sometimes to find the fault, we fault find to component level and change that component, which can be tricky at times.. ive seen those programs, they definatley do open your eyes as to how impoartant it is to do the job properley, though the depth its checked in it would be hard for a fault to slip through, it has a bench check and test, faultfinding if there is a fault, and then the testing, followed by another check by the supervisor or a tech 1. flying is very safe.. compare it to driving, how many car accidents and deaths are there every day due to driving, then compare that to how many commercial flights there are around the world each day, it is a safe way to travel..

Back
Top Bottom