Age old question

BrianBear

Beta member
...to build or to buy.

I haven't kept up on market trends so I'm not sure where it's at now. Are there any benifits to building your own computer anymore? Also could anyone give me some links for good places to buy computer parts or full computers.

Thanks in advance.

umm i would def say build simply coz you save money and you get exactly what you want the only down side is if you have to buy an OS then its usually about the same so ????? umm if your from us then every1 seems to take a liking to newegg.com but im from uk and think ebuyer.com and misco.co.uk are great sites

so simpler

build :

exactly what you want
cheaper (if you dnt wonna buy an OS)

Pre built :

convinience
more expensive
might not get what you want

perosnally if you can build a computer yourself without any problems then i would say build unless you are like a company who wants an office full of comps in whihc case ring round all the majour manufacturers/retailers and give them an example spec and how many ask them for a discount . i dont think you want lots of comps so i say build
cheaper -if you want xp you can get xp at the moment -get the exact spec you want -gives you a special feeling after 20 hours of tweaking all is erfect-pretty much still have a warrenty on the parts -if it breaks you dont have to wait 3 weeks for a tech to come out cos there is a tech on hand at all times :)

Build.
Buying will not be what you want and It will be more expensive.

I would say build aslo, that you know you get exactly what you want and not extra software you don't want or won't use.

This forum is really biased, you won't find someone digress from this answer: Build

This way, you know more about your computer, which will spare you the time of checking what kind of RAM or skt type you have later when you decide to upgrade, plus, building it is a nice experience and it's pretty fun once you get it working. And then you've got places like newegg that make it worthwhile for your wallet to build your own computer. The list goes on.

just another addition as well as well as knowing what is in it when you upgrade you also know what is inside when it goes wrong so you dont have to try to find out about mobo etc when it isnt firing up

Hey,

i sort of supported buy Pre built i just gave him options.

i dnt think you can call a forum biased as its a selection of people with an interest in computers so i dnt think its classed as biased if the majority people of a group with a knoledge of computers suggest build. i would class it as an educated answer as i think most people that suggest build have bought pre built and built there own pc's so have the experience in both sections and have obviously found it better to build.

im not having a go at you (dnt mean to sound mean) im just stating why i think there is so many people saying build and i dnt think its coz we are biased

and what classes some1 as biased ?? i dnt think some1 that has done something like or enjoyed it and then reccomends it is classed as biased

i have to agree with everyone else, and go with build. buying a pre-built you're paying for labor and software that is of no use to you.

However, if you do want to look at pre-builts, check out Acer. they are real good quality and are the only company i know of that 99% of its tech support is based in America (texas to be exact).

for parts, if your in America go with newegg.com. They do not delive outside the US so if you don't live in the US it's kinda pointless to look there. I'm not sure if Tiger Direct ships outside the US....

Back
Top Bottom