AMD or Intel

Yeah, I think they partnered with Corsair Memory. It's supposed to be like overclocking your memory, but simplified.

As for SLI and CrossFire being stupid, it wouldn't be so bad if the games actually utilized multiple-GPUs.

Well, AMD finally released their 65nm Turion 64 X2 CPU!!! Took them long enough.

The new Turion runs on AMD's 65nm silicon-on-insulator (SOI) technology, which helps in generating more performance but at the same time, low energy consumption. Furthermore oo extend battery life, AMD platforms using the M690 chipset will take advantage of the new memory technology known as display cache, designed to allow the CPU to operate in low power mode without accessing system memory. This technology to go with the new 65nm process design of the Turion 64 X2 will in fact extend battery life to five hours as well. It's a significant improvement since the first generation Turion which was capable of 1.5 hours of battery life on average.

I'm getting the AMD Athlon x2 3800+@2.0GHZ I cant wait I hope this processor owns,
but for the thread topic I kind of like Intel more but Idk I hear good and bad about both sides
But I guess AMd is faster?

I'm getting the AMD Athlon x2 3800+@2.0GHZ I cant wait I hope this processor owns,
but for the thread topic I kind of like Intel more but Idk I hear good and bad about both sides

eh idk, with my custom i have the amd athlon 3200 and its pretty darn fast on an abit kv8 max3, but i had an abit somethin... (i dont remember the model, it was from the same time the max3 was) with intel, and i actually think my 2.6ghz p4 with HT was faster than the AMD, amd hiccups ALL the time when im on the desktop, like if i open up firefox, and open up windows media player my mouse stops moving until its opened up, my intel didnt do that, oh well, but i used to be an intel guy and im kinda going towards amd, when running one program my amd is fast as hell which is all i do, run a game, also the structure of the amd is much better, allows for faster transfer of data and takes up much less power which over time can save your motherboard...

thats my look on things :)
kyle

I've got that processor, it's great. Probably one of the best midrange processors out there right now.

Well, since the landing of the Core 2 duo, any PC with more than £90 being spent on a CPU is better of with Intel hands down. Especially with the crazy E4300. I've got mine on a Quad Pumped FSB of 1.44GHz running cool at 3.25GHz on AirCooling. Arctic Freezer 7 pro or summint I'm using.

1st Intel build I've did. Always was an AMD man till now.

Well, since the landing of the Core 2 duo, any PC with more than £90 being spent on a CPU is better of with Intel hands down. Especially with the crazy E4300. I've got mine on a Quad Pumped FSB of 1.44GHz running cool at 3.25GHz on AirCooling. Arctic Freezer 7 pro or summint I'm using.

1st Intel build I've did. Always was an AMD man till now.
CPU-Z shots?? Not saying I don't believe you, just want to see how you've got the rest of your hardware setup.

Yeah, I have that processor, bought it a few weeks after it was released, and it has yet to fail me, runs cool, quiet, and fast, it's a great processor for the money.. i paid 329 dollars for it, lol. You'll definitely enjoy it.

As for AMD vs Intel, I've always been an AMD guy, even when the Core 2s came out, I just don't like to support the big bad Intel monster, we need AMD to keep processors at affordable prices, so I give 'em my full support.

Back
Top Bottom