Can I upgrade my CPU?

nuro

Solid State Member
I have a dell optiplex GX 150. Currently it has a Pentium III inside of it. I want to upgrade to the best possible Pentium my computer will accept so that I can get more juice out of my CPU.

The mother boards chipset is a Intel 815E I am not sure how to find the version of my mother board.

I need more CPU juice so that some games wont lag. So far the lag is pretty minimal and I only need a little better power out of my CPU so that it will not lag.

Please help thank!

umm pentium 3 is that socket 370 ? cnt member n e ways to suggest an upgrade were gonna need to know what your other processor is running at are you sure ur not open to build a cheap new pc u could get a really cheap p4 for under £150 or $300 if not less which would be a much better option but if u insist on the same computer then we need to know the spec of your current processor and possibly the motherboard details ( for max clock speed and bus speed etc)

sorry didnt read the above post where u said not sure how to find out bout your motherboard do a google search for everest home edition and post all information about your motherboard and processor or just post the complete summary of your pc

umm pentium 3 is that socket 370 ? cnt member n e ways to suggest an upgrade were gonna need to know what your other processor is running at are you sure ur not open to build a cheap new pc u could get a really cheap p4 for under £150 or $300 if not less which would be a much better option but if u insist on the same computer then we need to know the spec of your current processor and possibly the motherboard details ( for max clock speed and bus speed etc)

I do not want to spend anymore money than I need to.. I think a Pentium upgrade would solve my problems and I would save some money.

Anyway, I went here to find out all of my specs.
http://www.pragermicrosystems.com/computers/optiplex_gx150.asp

My bus speed is 133MHz Clock is 100MHz(i think) and the socket type is 370

your clock speed is 1000Mhz so the second link is the best option

coz im from uk im not sure where abouts in the us will sell second hand components or if they will sell p3's new ??

Sorry I didnt know what clock speed meant it is not 100 it is 1000 :)

Oh, and is that the best CPU that I can get? Or am I able to upgrade to higher clockspeeds?

Back
Top Bottom