Harddrive Low Space?

ahhh, you have an acer laptop. I assume you have lots of music or pictures or some such. you should copy a bunch of that stuff to the d: acerdata partition of your harddrive. This will free up space on the primary partition. Right now your computer is yelling at you because your infringing on the hard drive space it wants to allocate as virtual memory. Just copy some stuff over to the other drive for storage and you'll be good to go. Theres actually 3 partitions on that drive, the c that has the os, the d that is mostly for storage and such, and a hidden restore partition that is usually like 3 or 4 gigs i think. hopefully this helps ya out.

if I were you i would get at least a 40 to 60gig hd, and use the one you have now as a slave drive for backing up stuff. the hd you have now will fill up in no time, then you'll have to revert to compressing it, but that only goes so far.

it's better to get a hd with plenty of space, especially if you want to dual boot an OS (opertating system) .

Do you mean like copy files like "Documents and Setting" from C-Drive to D-Drive? Why is the drive not all in one. Wy is there a C-drive and D-drive?

Do you mean like copy files like "Documents and Setting" from C-Drive to D-Drive? Why is the drive not all in one. Wy is there a C-drive and D-drive?
It is 1 physical drive, its just broke into smaller sections. It makes it better for sorting and arranging things.

It's only one hd I believe, but it's made into two seperate partitions so it will look like you have two harddrives. C and D.

example would be like this. if i had a hd with let's say four partitons on it, when you click on my computer, it will come up like this:

A: <--- if you have a 3.5 floppy drive
c: main hd
d: second partiton
e: third partiton
f: fourth partiton

-edit-

now new computers now come with a seperate partiton on the hd just for restoring purposes, it's better than having cd's to restore with, for the fact they won't get lost or scratched.

each one acts just like a hd (hard drive)

I copied Documents and Settins from C to D drive. Mostly everything you have on your your folder on your desktop is from Documents and Settings right?

If the D drive label says something like "Recovery" don't mess with it. If you need to reinstall the operating sysytem on your lappy that is where it comes from. Strange way to do things but that's the way it is.

the drive is already partitioned. just copy all of the files such as pictures and such to that d: drive and when your sure they've been copied then delete them from your os drive. don't worry about the recovery partition, it is a hidden third partition on the acer laptops (i gather this is what you have from the name of your drives).

have you tried this thing?

go to start, my computer, local disk properties, click on tools then click defragmentaition.
That should restore some space, how old is your computer?

Back
Top Bottom