windows xp genuine

browserjoe

In Runtime
what if i dont activate windows within the 30 day period? other than not being able to install WMP11 etc?

and yes, i do have a genuine copy of windows, but i had to reformat my comp 3 times because of my fucking hard drive... and i heard from another forums you could only install that copy 3 times before its not valid anymore?

also, its takes a long time for windows to load after boot but works perfectly afterward... is this related?

If you don't complete the product activation process after 30 days, Windows XP will still boot, but you'll be unable to launch Windows until you call the Microsoft Clearinghouse and enter the code.

If you install to many times it will ask for a code, you just phone MS and they will give you a different code.

If you hold off installing xp on the same system for 6 months it goes right in. They dump the activations every 6 months.
As for it being slow to boot try clearing off the 300+ dead reg entries the installer uses then abandons.
But if your hard drive is giving you fits, replace it. You can get 80 gig Samsungs for 60 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom