ISPs and fair usuage policy

Fisher

Fully Optimized
i just got off the cancellation line with tiscali to get my mac code and the bloke asked me why would i want to cancel wiht them. my answer was throttling of my bandwidth, fair usage policy and gerenally being a crap isp. now the bloke seemed to chuckle as tho everybody said that to him and then starts banting on about that its not tiscali that throttles the bandwidth its BT that does. which also imposes the fair usuage policy on tiscali as well. i then ask why does some isps have fair usage policies and others dont. he said that they all do but some hide theirs. he then went onto blame BT even more for throttling my bandwidth as it is thier exchange and that they have no control over it and that i will get the same problem with anyother ISP. can somebody tell me how true all of this is?

I think he is talking BS, im with AOL and i dl about 80gig per month with no problems at all. This is a BT line aswell, so surely they would throttle me.

thats what i thought. he was whittling on and on and on. then he started talking about promos and prices of up coming deals doing what all cancallation people do best until i had to stop him and tell him that in no way would i stay with tiscali even if tiscali paid me to do so. so how good would you say aol is then. i always thought they were ISps aimed at mums with a 11yr old daugtherz that always spend their time in chat rooms and nothing else. i use to download as much as you when i was on supanet about 90Gb was the most in one month. so i need to know if aol is good for that and also online gaming

Loads of people dont like them because of their software and the problems with it AFAIK. I dont use their software etc so that doesnt affect me. Ive been with them since 98 and ive never had any connection problems, and at the end of the day, thats all im bothered about.

yeah i have been told AOL are good by a close friend of mine they say pretty much the same as raffaz as long as you dont use the software you get no problems

as for tiscilli the man was just saying what he has been told to say not his fault , i am with orange and am so desperate to get another isp that when my 12month contract is over i am going bye bye , anyway the thing is how can they sell it as unlimeted if they have a fair usage policy , we had orange ringing us we are about 2 month from the end saying we can have unlimeted (subject to fair uage policy ) broadband but i was like will i be able to connect cos i have loads of connectiopon problems at the mo and they started chatting BS about it being BT's fault , seems all the ISP's are scapegoating (sp) BT

i dont have many problems with bt so i dont see how its all their fault lol. its quite expensive though. ive looked at moving to aol but ive always heard bad things.. especially about the software.

i dont have many problems with bt so i dont see how its all their fault lol. its quite expensive though. ive looked at moving to aol but ive always heard bad things.. especially about the software.
ive heard from some peeps they are bad but then when an old friend of mine went aol they told me as long as you dont use their software you should be ok

I have been with tiscali for 5 years and have had no problem,yes they do have the fair usage policy(6-11pm) but you just work round that,what speed where on and what download speed did you receive? oh an i live 100 yards from the bt exchange:)

yep im just gonna add to the numbers and say aol as an ISP are pretty much great but AOL as software terrible and one more thing i must say AOL new routers you know the netgear ones they lately have been known to just die i work in a company with 4 other technicians who all do home calls on the side and between us we have had about 20 cases in the last month or so of dead netgear routers ( not AOL's fault coz they dnt make them but just a little advice ) most people have said they have had the router for between 4 - 6 months

Back
Top Bottom