which is processor is better.

trollmaster69

Baseband Member
I am going to be buying a computer mainly for gaming and multitasking and was wondering which processer would be better:

2.8Ghz Pentium D 820 Dual Core 1MBx2

or.....

3.4Ghz Pentium 4 HT 650 64Bit 2MB

both systems cost the same and since I really don't too much in the differences between the two any explanation would help a lot.

that aint answering his question is it though ?^^^^

i would think the pentinum D would be better cos although it is slightly slower in clcok speed it is dual core although i would wait and see if other people agree

pentium d isnt actually a physical dual core, it tricks the computer into thinking it's dual core, if you can get a cheap core 2 duo, those are really two processors in one... d is not, D out of those two processors is best though

get a 3.4Ghz Pentium 4 HT 650 64Bit 2MB, there better for games.. your not going to far with Pentium D

pentium d isnt actually a physical dual core, it tricks the computer into thinking it's dual core, if you can get a cheap core 2 duo, those are really two processors in one... d is not, D out of those two processors is best though

wtf D is actually physically dual core

pentium 4 with hyperthreading tricks the comp into thinking that it has 2 cores...

pentium D --->
intro-pentium-d-900.jpg

get the pentium 4 I am Extremely happy with mine.Dual core im not so sure about I really hated my pD so maybe a dual core might be better?

Haha, yeah...Pentium D is "real" dual core.

I don't know, I'd say they're about the same. Which do you value more, the multitasking or the gaming?? The Pentium 4 will probably be better for gaming since most games are only single-threaded, but the Pentium D would most likely be better for multitasking.

I'd say if you didn't care either way, go for the Pentium 4.

yeah pentinum D is a physical dual core whereas the pentinum 4ht is the one that tricks the computer into thinking it is dual core pr processing more than one thread at the same time as for whichc is better i thinmk overall the pent D would be better although if you got the p4 you would still be able to game good on it i would pick the pent D cos although it aint as good as the core 2 duoo it would prolly be better than a pentinum 4

wtf D is actually physically dual core

pentium 4 with hyperthreading tricks the comp into thinking that it has 2 cores...

pentium D --->
intro-pentium-d-900.jpg

no it is not, D might have 2 cores which i admit i said it didnt, but D does not have everything for each core, the cores share certain things on that processor, where as the core 2 duo has everything a single core processor has x2, D has 2 cores sharing certain pieces of the processor

Back
Top Bottom